How to find us
We are in the Colombus Medical Building in Woodbrige, near Highways 400 and 407
8333 Weston Road, Suite 310
Woodbridge ON L4L 8E2
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm
Doctors recent blog posts
- FLUSHOT CLINIC 2017-2018
- The urgent care walk-in clinic will be closed on the Labour day weekend
- No saturday Walk-In Clinic on Canada Day Weekend
- PATIENT INFORMATION & CONSENT FORM FOR INFLUENZA CLINICS
- Seasonal Influenza vaccination INFORMATION 2016-2017
- Flu vaccine Clinics 2016-2017
- Don't forget your second dose of Influenza vaccine
- Important Allerject Recall October 28,2015
- Vaccinations for teenagers - Meningococcal ACWY booster age 17
- Vaccinations for Teenagers - age 15 and older Meningococcal B
Vaccinations for teenagers - Grade 7 Students Hepatitis B and Menactra
Grade 7 vaccines: Hepatitis B and Meningococcal A,C,W,Y (Menactra/Menveo) These vaccines are given during the school year by public health nurses at Ontario schools.
Hepatitis B is given to students who have not had Hepatitis B vaccine previously. If he or she has recieved 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine or 3 doses of Twinrix (Hepatitis A and B) vaccine then he or she wont need the vaccine givin in grade 7. Hepatitis B is a disease that leads to jaundice and chronic liver disease in some patients. It is transmitted through blood products and body fluids. It is highly recommended that teenage people be up to date with Hepatitis B vaccination
Meningococcal ACWY (Menactra/Menveo) is given to Ontario teenagers at no cost in grade 7 . Invasive Meningococcal Disease (IMD) is an important cause of sudden onset bacterial blood infections (Septicemia) leading to Meningitis , disability and death. IMD mortality is approximately 10%. Of IMD survivors 10-20% have long term sequelae including hearing loss, neurologic disabilities and digit or limb amputations Teenagers and young adults are high risk age groups for this bacterial infection.
The Centre for Disease control recommends a dose of Menactra/Menveo to be given in Grade 7 and a booster dose in Grade 12 to boost immunity post secondary school . We agree and recommend a second dose of Menactra/Menveo as a booster in Grade 12. It is not covered by OHIP and is available for a fee at our office.